Friend Peace and Justice Online on Facebook
Follow Peace and Justice Online on Twitter
- Peace and Planet Mobilization
- Nonviolence, Peace, and War- In the Words and Voices of Martin Luther King, Dave Dellinger, Dorothy Day, and Others
- Memorial Day Is A Time To Mourn the Dead … Let’s Not Glorify War
- Reverend Billy Asks, “What Would Jesus Buy?”
- Peace and Justice Online Website Highlights Its Top Five Posts
- Romney Has A Koch Problem; Let’s Reclaim Our Democracy- Let’s Overturn Citizens United
- Let’s Eradicate Poverty in America, with Commentary by Michael Moore, Cornel West, Barbara Lee
- My Day with Occupy Wall Street; and Naomi Klein, Chris Hedges, Bernie Sanders on OWS
- Ten Years of War in Afghanistan
- Nuclear Power: Dangerous, Dirty & Expensive- 20 Key Facts
- Ellsberg, Swanson, Nader & Benjamin- On Iraq, Afghanistan, Manning & Wisconsin
- Stop Big Oil. Strengthen Our Democracy. End the Wars. Create Jobs. Save the Planet.
- Wisconsin Would Be The First Domino – We Are All Wisconsinites
- Barbara Lee & Bernie Sanders: War in Afghanistan & War on the Middle Class
- Tom Hayden on “The Long War;” Sign up for Tom’s Free Online School of Activism
- End the Wars! Move the Money! And A Video: Mike Zweig on Democracy Now
- Military Recruitment in Our Schools- Students’ Rights and an NYCLU Guide
- Conversations with Afghan Youth Peace Volunteers- With Inspiring Audio
- Afghans for Peace Releases Video
- Kathy Kelly Urges, “A New Year’s Call for Peace”
- United for Peace and Justice Issues Weekly Afghanistan War Reports; Nation Interviews Matthew Hoh
- New START Treaty Ratified- Good News! But Let’s Beware the Military-Industrial Complex; Eisenhower Warned Us
- Did Paul Krugman Predict the Extension of the Bush Tax Cuts, 10 years Ago?
- Veterans for Peace Demonstrate at White House- 131 Arrested
- Peace Action NYS’s Cheryl Wertz on Korea, Guantanamo, Afghanistan, and the New START Treaty
- War Resisters League’s Frida Berrigan Receives Kairos Award
- War Resisters League Urges, “Don’t Buy War Toys.”
- American Friends Service Committee Issues Report Card on the War in Afghanistan
- Honduras: The Reforms, the Coup, and the Aftermath- Speech by Nectali Rodezno Izaguirre
- Thousands Demonstrate at Fort Benning; Call for Closing School of the Americas; 26 Arrested
- The Tillman Story: The Mystery and the Cover-Up
- Code Pink Holds Contest Protesting President Bush’s Book
- Republicans Vow to Repeal Health Care Reform
- Radioactive Waste? No Thanks!
- It’s Veterans Day. Let’s Support the Troops, Not the Wars.
Check Out All the Posts on Peace and Justice Online
- All Peace and Justice Online Posts (36)
- Culture (9)
- Economy, Taxes, Health Care (14)
- Energy and Environment (10)
- Human Rights and Civil Rights (10)
- Peace and War (27)
Stop Big Oil. Strengthen Our Democracy. End the Wars. Create Jobs. Save the Planet.
This entry was posted in All Peace and Justice Online Posts, Economy, Taxes, Health Care, Energy and Environment, Peace and War and tagged activism, afghanistan, antiwar, climate change, commentary, democracy, economy, global warming, peace. Bookmark the permalink.
I am dismayed when, even those who purport to have this view (clean energy will create and support jobs, human beings, all life, higher living standards and environment), perpetuate the lie that the “plutocracy” doesn’t understand or just doesn’t care.
The truth is, the powers that oppose the change from fossil fuels are still wringing out the last drops of MONEY from the placated population as much as they are wringing out the last bits of carbon based pollution into our atmosphere.
We have not given them enough incentive to stop. We are still too worried about our horrible jobs. We are afraid to be as creative as Americans can be about making the change we know must be made, for fear that things will get worse for us – when the worst that can happen is leaving the power in the hands of the people who MAKE MONEY off of our labor and pain.
And it will only get worse until we, THE PEOPLE, give CPR to our failing Democracy.
Pat- Thanks for commenting. I agree that greed is a huge factor, and that allowing it to influence our policies weakens our democracy. -Bob for PJO
The “jobs” argument is nothing but a scare tactic that Big Oil uses to curry favor with the public. I was very encouraged to see a report that came out this week talking about how the green energy sector ALREADY provides more jobs than the entire fossil fuel industry (oil, coal, natural gas) combined. And green energy is only in its infancy. More info on my blog here: http://blackoilredblood.com/2011/07/clean-energy-creates-more-jobs-than-fossil-fuels/
Thanks for this comprehensive and informative blog post. We really need to band together to raise awareness about the issue. Our survival does indeed depend upon it.
Thanks for commenting.
I took a look at your blog. I’ll recommend it to people.
–Bob, for Peace and Justice Online
Pingback: Stop Big Oil. Strengthen Our Democracy. End the Wars. Create Jobs. Save the Planet. (via Peace and Justice Online) « OntheWilderSide
Van Jones? HE’S A COMMUNIST!!!
This is the only way to go. Not only does America’s survival depend on it, but the human race’s as well. Why does the plutocracy refuse to understand this? What the hell is the matter with them?
Tom- Thanks for commenting. I think lots of the people in power do understand, at least a bit, but don’t care. I think so many regular folks, however, don’t understand because they are deliberately misinformed by those who benefit from the status quo. Thanks again. I’ll check out your blog. -Bob for Peace and Justice Online
Yes, they are deliberately misinformed. Big Oil spent 70 million dollars in anti-clean energy ads alone!! http://blackoilredblood.com/2010/11/big-oil-spends-milllions-on-anti-clean-energy-ads-in-2010/
What’s your Twitter ID? I’d like to follow you.
My twitter ID is @PeaceJusticeWeb