Friend Peace and Justice Online on Facebook
Follow Peace and Justice Online on Twitter
- Peace and Planet Mobilization
- Nonviolence, Peace, and War- In the Words and Voices of Martin Luther King, Dave Dellinger, Dorothy Day, and Others
- Memorial Day Is A Time To Mourn the Dead … Let’s Not Glorify War
- Reverend Billy Asks, “What Would Jesus Buy?”
- Peace and Justice Online Website Highlights Its Top Five Posts
- Romney Has A Koch Problem; Let’s Reclaim Our Democracy- Let’s Overturn Citizens United
- Let’s Eradicate Poverty in America, with Commentary by Michael Moore, Cornel West, Barbara Lee
- My Day with Occupy Wall Street; and Naomi Klein, Chris Hedges, Bernie Sanders on OWS
- Ten Years of War in Afghanistan
- Nuclear Power: Dangerous, Dirty & Expensive- 20 Key Facts
- Ellsberg, Swanson, Nader & Benjamin- On Iraq, Afghanistan, Manning & Wisconsin
- Stop Big Oil. Strengthen Our Democracy. End the Wars. Create Jobs. Save the Planet.
- Wisconsin Would Be The First Domino – We Are All Wisconsinites
- Barbara Lee & Bernie Sanders: War in Afghanistan & War on the Middle Class
- Tom Hayden on “The Long War;” Sign up for Tom’s Free Online School of Activism
- End the Wars! Move the Money! And A Video: Mike Zweig on Democracy Now
- Military Recruitment in Our Schools- Students’ Rights and an NYCLU Guide
- Conversations with Afghan Youth Peace Volunteers- With Inspiring Audio
- Afghans for Peace Releases Video
- Kathy Kelly Urges, “A New Year’s Call for Peace”
- United for Peace and Justice Issues Weekly Afghanistan War Reports; Nation Interviews Matthew Hoh
- New START Treaty Ratified- Good News! But Let’s Beware the Military-Industrial Complex; Eisenhower Warned Us
- Did Paul Krugman Predict the Extension of the Bush Tax Cuts, 10 years Ago?
- Veterans for Peace Demonstrate at White House- 131 Arrested
- Peace Action NYS’s Cheryl Wertz on Korea, Guantanamo, Afghanistan, and the New START Treaty
- War Resisters League’s Frida Berrigan Receives Kairos Award
- War Resisters League Urges, “Don’t Buy War Toys.”
- American Friends Service Committee Issues Report Card on the War in Afghanistan
- Honduras: The Reforms, the Coup, and the Aftermath- Speech by Nectali Rodezno Izaguirre
- Thousands Demonstrate at Fort Benning; Call for Closing School of the Americas; 26 Arrested
- The Tillman Story: The Mystery and the Cover-Up
- Code Pink Holds Contest Protesting President Bush’s Book
- Republicans Vow to Repeal Health Care Reform
- Radioactive Waste? No Thanks!
- It’s Veterans Day. Let’s Support the Troops, Not the Wars.
Check Out All the Posts on Peace and Justice Online
- All Peace and Justice Online Posts (36)
- Culture (9)
- Economy, Taxes, Health Care (14)
- Energy and Environment (10)
- Human Rights and Civil Rights (10)
- Peace and War (27)
Ten Years of War in Afghanistan
This entry was posted in All Peace and Justice Online Posts, Peace and War and tagged activism, afghanistan, Ann Wright, antiwar, commentary, current events, economy, military-industrial complex, OccupyTogether, OccupyWallStreet, October2011, peace. Bookmark the permalink.
Pingback: Ten Years of War in Afghanistan | Peace and Justice Online « OntheWilderSide
I can’t make it to Washington D.C. for the rebellion against our corrupt federal government. We are organizing a similar event in San Francisco on that day. People will gather in front of the Federal Building at 7th and Mission St. beginning at 3:00. We will be there to DEMAND that our federal government END THE WARS! TAX THE RICH! CARE FOR THE PEOPLE! and PROTECT THE ENVIRONMENT! There will be speakers on each of these topics and an open mic for people to participate. At 5:30, as it starts to get dark, we will march over to Civic Center to the Main Library where we will have a general assembly. With full participation of the people in the hall we will suggest things we can do to see that our demands are met.
Thanks for commenting.
This sounds great. Good luck with it.
Bob for PJO
Keep up the good work, mahalo,Dohn
Your blog is really good too.
Bob for PJO
I will be attending the October2011 rally in Freedom Plaza next weekend. Thank you for including links to related posts, as the group I am going with will find them helpful. I am truly looking forward to the experience, and hope it can help be a step toward positive change!
Thanks for commenting. I hope all goes great in DC.
Bob for PJO