Friend Peace and Justice Online on Facebook
Follow Peace and Justice Online on Twitter
- Peace and Planet Mobilization
- Nonviolence, Peace, and War- In the Words and Voices of Martin Luther King, Dave Dellinger, Dorothy Day, and Others
- Memorial Day Is A Time To Mourn the Dead … Let’s Not Glorify War
- Reverend Billy Asks, “What Would Jesus Buy?”
- Peace and Justice Online Website Highlights Its Top Five Posts
- Romney Has A Koch Problem; Let’s Reclaim Our Democracy- Let’s Overturn Citizens United
- Let’s Eradicate Poverty in America, with Commentary by Michael Moore, Cornel West, Barbara Lee
- My Day with Occupy Wall Street; and Naomi Klein, Chris Hedges, Bernie Sanders on OWS
- Ten Years of War in Afghanistan
- Nuclear Power: Dangerous, Dirty & Expensive- 20 Key Facts
- Ellsberg, Swanson, Nader & Benjamin- On Iraq, Afghanistan, Manning & Wisconsin
- Stop Big Oil. Strengthen Our Democracy. End the Wars. Create Jobs. Save the Planet.
- Wisconsin Would Be The First Domino – We Are All Wisconsinites
- Barbara Lee & Bernie Sanders: War in Afghanistan & War on the Middle Class
- Tom Hayden on “The Long War;” Sign up for Tom’s Free Online School of Activism
- End the Wars! Move the Money! And A Video: Mike Zweig on Democracy Now
- Military Recruitment in Our Schools- Students’ Rights and an NYCLU Guide
- Conversations with Afghan Youth Peace Volunteers- With Inspiring Audio
- Afghans for Peace Releases Video
- Kathy Kelly Urges, “A New Year’s Call for Peace”
- United for Peace and Justice Issues Weekly Afghanistan War Reports; Nation Interviews Matthew Hoh
- New START Treaty Ratified- Good News! But Let’s Beware the Military-Industrial Complex; Eisenhower Warned Us
- Did Paul Krugman Predict the Extension of the Bush Tax Cuts, 10 years Ago?
- Veterans for Peace Demonstrate at White House- 131 Arrested
- Peace Action NYS’s Cheryl Wertz on Korea, Guantanamo, Afghanistan, and the New START Treaty
- War Resisters League’s Frida Berrigan Receives Kairos Award
- War Resisters League Urges, “Don’t Buy War Toys.”
- American Friends Service Committee Issues Report Card on the War in Afghanistan
- Honduras: The Reforms, the Coup, and the Aftermath- Speech by Nectali Rodezno Izaguirre
- Thousands Demonstrate at Fort Benning; Call for Closing School of the Americas; 26 Arrested
- The Tillman Story: The Mystery and the Cover-Up
- Code Pink Holds Contest Protesting President Bush’s Book
- Republicans Vow to Repeal Health Care Reform
- Radioactive Waste? No Thanks!
- It’s Veterans Day. Let’s Support the Troops, Not the Wars.
Check Out All the Posts on Peace and Justice Online
- All Peace and Justice Online Posts (36)
- Culture (9)
- Economy, Taxes, Health Care (14)
- Energy and Environment (10)
- Human Rights and Civil Rights (10)
- Peace and War (27)
Did Paul Krugman Predict the Extension of the Bush Tax Cuts, 10 years Ago?
This entry was posted in All Peace and Justice Online Posts, Economy, Taxes, Health Care and tagged activism, commentary, Congress, current events, economy, income taxes, Krugman, news, tax cuts. Bookmark the permalink.
I am a regular reader of Krugman and have watched over the last 24 months how everything he said would happen (economically) has happened! I, too, wish he had been in Obama’s admin… I lament the tax cuts and can only hope that money for military spending will be cut to start paring the deficit.
Ever wonder how Paul Krugman knows this stuff and our leaders don’t?
I have a difficult time believing our government officials don’t know what is going on.
Ever wondered how Ted Kennedy could kill someone and hold his seat in the senate until death and the lady in Akron , Ohio is going to prison for 10yrs for using an alternate address so her children could get a better education? Murder Vs misuse of address. Yes, I would love my cheese cake now, before this ship sinks. Look how Obama was voted in, by Millions of Americans and Bammm same old song. And Justice for All. N.C wage for a waitress is $2 an hour in 2011. Clarence Thomas commits tax evasion what happens to he and his wife? Not one thing.
Thanks for commenting on Mary Beth’s comment.
My two cents: I think some in our government understand and care, but meet great resistance. I think some understand, but don’t care. I think some just don’t understand.
As far as Kennedy, Akron, NC, and Clarence Thomas go- I won’t get into my thoughts on the particulars. Suffice it to say I think we progress as a society by recognizing the good things that I do believe are often accomplished, and working to achieve further improvements in our society. I agree that there is surely a lot that needs to be corrected, but I think that, with perseverance, work, and a little luck, we can overcome most of our nation’s shortcomings.
Thanks again for commenting.
-Bob for Peace and Justice Online